2001 Custom Matsushita 48Enquire About This Yacht
This hardy aluminium world cruiser was a design brought to the table by her lifelong cruising owner who had new design criteria for his circumnavigation. Designed and built in Japan, the yacht exhibits a high level of expertise in all areas. She just oozes safety and comfort at sea ... watertight bulkheads fore and aft including watertight doors, long fin keel with skeg hung rudder and protected prop, the pilothouse, the sail controls with an electric winch from the cockpit and such like.
The yacht carries an astonishing 5 tons of fuel giving a range under power in excess of 2,500nm. Her sailing abilities are fine, with her carbon mast and cutter rig she loves the tradewinds.
Offered for sale by her owners here in Langkawi and re registered here with the internationally transferable Langkawi International Yacht Registry the yacht has proved herself with a Japan to Japan circumnavigation and seven other big Pacific / Asia cruises.. A superb long range cruising yacht.
|Boat Name||Akitsushima III|
|Designer||Advance Craft Design|
|Builder||Kanbara Kaiyo Kaihatsu K.K|
|Displacement||23000 kgs Dry Load|
|Draft||1.80 m (Min), 1.80 m (Max)|
|Fuel Tanks||5 Aluminum (4900 Liters)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||1 Aluminum (450 Liters)|
|Holding Tanks||1 Aluminum|
|Total Power||80 HP|
|Engine / Fuel Type||Single diesel|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Cruising Speed||6 knots|
|Maximum Speed||8 knots|
|Propeller||2 blade propeller|
Number of single berths: 4
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
Number of bathrooms: 1
The interior was built by a professional furniture maker and he used some beautiful woods to complete. For example the bath is hinoki cypress, traditionally used for baths in Japan and its scent radiates forever. Other woods are paulownia and varnished teak for the furniture, and thick old growth teak pilothouse sole. The fit and finish throughout smacks of real craftsmen.
Essentially a five berth yacht, but there are two extra pipe-cot berths full forward in the forepeak. The saloon has two full length berths port and starboard with lee cloths and a third athwartships. The pilothouse has a great helm station, galley and bathroom. Stairs lead down to the double aft cabin. Engine access is down a hatch behind the helm with an additional inspection / access hatch directly over the engine in the cabin sole.
- RINNAI commercial grade gimballed two burner gas hob
- Convection NATIONAL NE-JS3 microwave oven
- Large stainless steel sink with pressurised fresh and salt water
- ISOTHERM130 litre 24VDC fridge
- 35 litre 24VDC / 100VAC ENGEL freezer
- Portable YIREGO manual washing machin
One in bathroom over the bathtub. No hot water.
One electric RARITAN MARINE ELEGANCE head in bathroom (2020). One 80 litre aluminium holding tank.
Electrics & Batteries:
- The yacht's AC system is 100VAC, shore power inlet, 240-120-100VAC transformer, MARINE-PRO galvanic isolator and distribution. NEW ERA 1500 watt inverter. The yacht's DC system is 12VDC and 24VDC.
- House / start bank is 4 x 180 amp AGM batteries (2019)
- The yacht's charging is from 2 x 100 watt SHINE semi flexible solar panels c/w controller, 50 amp main engine alternator, 220VAC charging from the PROMARINER PRONAUTIC 2430 P 30 amp charger and YANMAR 3KVA genset.
- Four HITACHI BP-29033 bilge pumps.
Electronics & Navigation:
- GARMIN GPSMAP 750S incl log/speed/depth
- GARMIN ECHO depth sounder
- GARMIN GPSMAP 546 incl log/speed/depth
- GARMIN 201 hand held GPS
- NIPPON ELECTRIC INSTRUMENT anemometer
- MAROL hydraulic autopilot with fixed control head and long cabled remote control
- HORIZON HX-851 VHF radio
- JRC JHS-25 VHF radio
- ICOM M-73 VHF radio
- 2 x ICOM 706 MKIIG HF / VHF / UHF radios
- JRC JMA-2253 0.125-32nm radar
- FURUNO 1715 0.125-32nm radar
- VESPER WATCHMATE 850 AIS
- YANMAR 4LM-DT four cylinder engine with 10,689 original hours. Shaft drive c/w shaft brake to a fixed two blade prop.
- YANMAR 3KVa diesel generator permanently fixed in engine room.
- 30 lph SPECTRA watermaker (needs servicing).
- 7KW retracting LEWMAR bow thruster
The hull thickness below the waterline is 8mm, topsides are 7mm and decks 5mm.
In 2017 the hull was taken back to bare alloy and several coats re applied. 2 coats of CHUGAKU ALP 500 aluminium epoxy primer, 2 coats of CHUGAKU BANNOH 1500 EPOXY PRIMER, then 2 coats of CHUGAKU MARINE STAR A anti foul paint.
In 2019 another 2 coats of fresh CHUGAKU MARINE STAR A anti foul paint.
21.5m carbon mast, masthead double spreader rig with three headstays and double back stays. Masthead anchor light and nav lights. Spreader deck floods. The aluminium boom is designed to encompass the whole sail inside with a SUNBRELLA top cover. Two whisker poles.
- 2 x HARKEN #46 st winches
- 1 x HARKEN #32 winch
- 1 x HARKEN #48 st electric winch
- 1 x LEWMAR #56 st winch
- 2 x BARIENT #28 st winches
- 1 x BARIENT #32 st winch
- 2 x BARIENT #632 three speed st winch winches
- 1 x IWASAKI SYA electric winch
- Aluminium piping bimini structure including sprayhood arrangement. This structure also houses the radar, wind instrument, lights and solar panels.
- Running lights
- Gas locker c/w four 10 kg gas bottles
- EVH 120 hailer
- Search light
- Slab reefed ELVSTROM main (2001)
- ELVSTROM genoa on HARKEN furling gear (2008)
- ZOOM staysail on HARKEN furling gear (2017)
- ELVSTROM working jib (2001)
- ELVSTROM storm jib (2001)
- 8 person life raft (serviced 2008)
- 7 pfd's
- 5 harnesses
- 2 life rings
- RLB-41 Cat II ACR EPIRB (2019)
- RLB-36 Cat I ACR EPIRB (2012)
- Fire blanket
- 5 ABC dry powder fire extinguishers (2 x 9yrs, 3 x 19yrs)
- Comprehensive flarepack
- Emergency grab bag
- PLASTIMO manual bilge pump
- Double bow roller
- SIMPSON LAWRENCE 1000 watt windlass
- 80 lb MANSON
- 35 lb DANFORTH
- 95m of 3/8 chain
- Extra chain
- 80m of 22mm rode
Dinghy and Outboard:
9.5' AB aluminium RIB. YAMAHA 15hp and YAMAHA 2hp outboards.