Custom Holman & Pye 43Enquire About This Yacht
Here is a long distance cruising yacht of real note. 'Finale' is a round bilge steel cutter, built in Holland to Lloyds 100 A1 by Van Woven in 1991. The Dutch gentleman who had her built commissioned the famous British designers Holman & Pye to bring something from the drawing board for outstanding seaworthiness and comfort. Drawn by David Cooper, a partner in the firm, the hull was based on the Oyster 435. Significantly, 'Finale' was not only designed and built to Lloyds 100A1 but the yacht was kept in 'Class' by rigorous ongoing surveys until 1996, documentation still onboard. The yacht is therefore exceedingly well found with premium design features and materials.
A new GRP / PLY deck was installed in 2015. It sits on a fabricated stainless shelf and the last part of the topsides are stainless. This ensures there can never be any rust or corrosion issues between the deck and the hull (this was as per the plans approved by Lloyds). Additionally, there is a stainless steel rubbing strake.
The second owner bought the yacht in Holland for his planned trip to New Zealand and put it up for sale again upon reaching NZ. He was very enthusiastic about 'Finale' and he sold it to the present owner who was also seeking a seriously capable offshore yacht for his planned adventures into the Pacific. Mike has enjoyed the yacht and sailed single handed with ease. The yacht is very well balanced under sail, Sailomat windvane or the linear drive Coursemaster autopilot and accomplishes very good daily runs, 150 - 180nm per day.
|Designer||Holman & Pye Holman & Pye|
|Builder||Van Wovben, Netherlands|
|Displacement||13000 kgs Half Load|
|Draft||1.80 m (Max)|
|Fuel Tanks||1 (318 Liters)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||3 Plastic (340 Liters)|
|Engine||Perkins Prima M60|
|Engine Power||60 HP|
|Drive Type||V Drive|
|Propeller||3 blade propeller|
|Number of single berths||2|
|Number of double berths||2|
|Number of cabins||2|
|Number of heads||1|
|Number of bathrooms||1|
Entering the yacht down the companionway a sensible double aft cabin is to port and a large aft bathroom to starboard. The raised navigation center and galley give good all round visibility. Stepping down into the saloon.. two opposing settees with two excellent pilot berths above and outboard. Then moving forward again into the owner's cabin, a large double berth, overhead hatch, plenty of shelf and locker space plus a seat and desk. Full forward, a terrific workshop c/w abundant tools, bench, vice, grinder and drill press.
All upholstery and vinyl deckheads are new. Lighting is 100% LED.
- Three burner gas stove and oven
- 60 litre top loading ISOTHERM fridge/freezer. ( Fitted 7 years ago and includes gas recharging c/w gauges)
- Double stainless steel sinks. Hot water from 240 VAC heater or engine heat exchanger.
One, hot and cold.
One electric. Holding tank not plumbed in presently.
Electrics & Batteries:
- The yacht's AC system is 220 volt, shore power inlet and cabin outlets. VICTRON Phoenix 1300 watt inverter / 70amp charger. Additional VICTRON Pallas TG 50amp charger. VICTRON isolation transformer. The yacht's DC system is 12VDC.
- 4 x AGM gel house batteries totaling 400 amps (2015)
- 1 x AGM 100 amp gel start battery (2016)
- BALMAR engine alternator, internally regulated
- 6 solar panels (300 watts total)
- AIRMARINE wind generator
- Two automatic bilge pumps
Electronics & Navigation:
- Linear drive autopilot c/w COURSEMASTER control head
- RAYMARINE 435 chartplotter c/w Navionics for NZ / Australia, South Pacific and SE Asia ( screen damaged )
- Laptop c/w CMap
- AIS transponder
- GPS antenna for laptop
- RAYMARINE GPS antenna
- ICOM VHF radio
- ICOM HF radio c/w PACTOR modem
- AUTOHELM log/speed
- FURUNO 16nm radar
Keel stepped double spreader anodised aluminium mast and boom. Rigid boom vang. Full height mast steps.
- One pair of self tailing primary cockpit winches
- One pair of self tailing secondary cockpit winches
- Three self tailing winches at jammers (all sail handling done from cockpit)
- Two self tailing mast winches
- SALOMAT wind vane
- Granny bars
- Dorade vents
- Boarding ladder
- Stainless steel stern arch combines with pushpit ( o/b bracket and crane, solar panels, wind generator and radome)
- Stainless steel rubbing strake
There is a vast locker under the starboard cockpit seat and it is extra access to the engine room. Battery chargers, the isolation transformer, watermaker etc are sited here.
Full forward on deck there is another large locker space for sails, fenders etc.
- Fully battened main c/w FREDERIKSEN cars
- Genoa (PROFURL)
- No 2 genoa
- Light genoa
- Staysail (hank on)
- Half winder with sock
- Storm jib
- Storm trysail
The main engine is the original Perkins with an estimated 4600 hours. As per original plans, the engine can drive a huge bilge pump designed for fire fighting. This is not in service presently but could be made so readily.
'Finale' underwent an extensive refit while in New Zealand when Mike bought her. The cutlass bearing and Volvo dripless seal were replaced. V drive Hurth Gearbox was rebuilt. Auto stream feathering prop was fitted in NZ, the pitch of these props can be adjusted both fwd and rev. The engine runs very well and Mike changes the oil every 150 hours. A new Balmar smart regulator was also fitted (with spare regulator).
There are many spares for the engine as well as all other equipment on 'Finale'. She is setup for long distance cruising and has an extensive spare parts list as well as necessary tools etc.
Behind the main engine sits the generator. It is a FISHER PANDA 4Kva and has not been run for some time. This may need servicing.
The 50 lph SPECTRA watermaker is pickled at the moment but was working when last used, Mike fitted a new pressure pump in Australia and a new membrane in Vanuatu.
- MUIR 2000 watt windlass
- 60kg MANSON
- 100m of 10mm PWB chain
- 100m of 20mm nylon rode
Dinghy and Outboard:
- 3m AVON Hypalon RIB
- YAMAHA ENDURO 15hp (new condition)