1996 Garcia Passoa 50Enquire About This Yacht
GARCIA yachts have for a long time been widely regarded as one of the finest and safest family cruising yachts. Heavily built in aluminium, these yachts are always shortlisted when a long range exploration yacht is being sought. Jimmy Cornell and Pete Goss, both household names in the world of yachting, each own a GARCIA and are champions of the brand.
This yacht would be most suitable for the upcoming Grand Large Yachting World Odyssey 2021-2024 which is being organised by Jimmy Cornell.
EXCALLIBUR is suited well to both high latitude and tropical sailing. Her lifting centre board fashions her sailing characteristics and permits such shallow anchorages that other bluewater yachts cannot get to, interesting for exploring but also affords entry to shallow hurricane holes, mangroves etc in times of need.
She is strongly built, 5083 AG4 alloy, a 10mm bottom, reducing between 8mm and 6mm sections upwards. Her 4500 kg of ballast is epoxied in place, water tanks are integral. The Passoa 50 is classified as Class 1 by the French Marine inspectorate.
|Designer||Harle, Mortain and Mavrikios|
|Dry Weigh||16000 kgs|
|Draft||1.08 m (Min), 2.80 m(Max)|
|Fuel Tanks||2 Aluminum (1500 Liters)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||1 Aluminum (600 Liters)|
|Total Power||86 HP|
|Engine / Fuel Type||Single diesel|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller||3 blade propeller|
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Number of bathrooms: 2
Entering the yacht through the safe sliding companionway hatch you come into a traditional type interior, white deckheads, solid joinery and a well thought out sea going layout. Exceptional ventilation with all opening GOIOT saloon windows and deck hatches.
The yacht is a three cabin, two bathroom layout. The raised saloon has a great sea going galley and wrap around saloon table seating. The REFLEKS diesel stove a good feature. Full forward the owner's cabin is large, has abundant stowage, wardrobes and writing desk with an en suite bathroom. The two aft cabins share the day head / bathroom. The aft port is a double cabin and the starboard aft cabin has twin bunks, the lower bunk can extend to a double berth.
The galley is a linear design to port with plenty of cupboard and drawer space.Deep double sink.
- FORCE 10 3 burner stove, oven and grill
- Top loading and front loading fridge / freezer
- Hot and cold pressurised water (50 litre water heater, 220VAC or engine)
The yachts plumbing was replaced throughout in 2010.
Electrics & Batteries:
The yacht's AC system is 220VAC, shore power inlet and distribution. MASTERVOLT 100 amp battery charger. OCTOPUS LEAKAGE BARGRAPH PF3-LEAK electronic leak tester. The yacht's genset, a 6kva NORTHERN LIGHTS, is housed behind the main engine.
12VDC system with a house bank of 6 x 6 volt batteries totaling 720 amps, 2 x OPTIMA engine start batteries plus 1 x bow thruster and windlass battery.
DC charging from four 75 watt SIEMENS solar panels, two engine alternators, D400 wind generator and WATT & SEA hydrogenerator.
Automatic electric bilge pump.
Electronics & Navigation:
- B&G sailing instruments
- ECHOPILOT SILVER 111 forward looking sonar
- RAYMARINE ST6002 autopilot
- B&G autopilot
- NAVICOM RT650 VHF radio c/w remote
- ICOM M700 PRO HF radio
- FURUNO NAVNET VX2 radar / chartplotter c/w CMAP
- FURUNO GP-32 GPS navigator
- DELL laptop computer c/w MAXSEA
- Two MOTOROLA satphones
- PERKINS 4236 main engine, shaft drive, ERCEM shaft seal.
- MAX POWER retractable bow thruster
- NORTHERN LIGHTS 6Kva generator with 4228 hours
- HRO watermaker (90 lph)
- LUCHARD dive compressor (4 cubic m/hour)
Original alloy rig, the yacht has the solent headsail arrangement plus a staysail. Traditional masthead rig, triple headstays, double parallel spreaders c/w forward and aft lower shrouds and running backs.
- 6 cockpit winches, all sail control lines lead back to 2 coachroof winches through jammers
- 2 x ANDERSEN # 46 self tailing
- 1 x ANDERSEN # 40 self tailing
- 2 x ANDERSEN # 52 self tailing
- 2 x ANDERSEN # 68 self tailing
- 2 X ANDERSEN # 52 self tailing
The yacht has excellent capacity for carrying cruising kit. At the bow there is a vast deck locker and in the transom yet more space for extra fuel etc. The rigid dodger is strong, has an opening window and extends with the rigid bimini that houses the solar panels.
- Painted aluminium pushpit, pulpit and stanchions.
- Granny bars
- Stern arch (dinghy davits, antennae, wind generator, paddle boards etc)
- Fully battened mainsail on battcars c/w stackpack and lazy jacks
- Genoa on electric furling gear
- Solent on PROFURL gear
- Self tacking staysail on PROFURL gear
- Asymmetric spinnaker c/w sock
- Symmetric spinnaker c/w sock
All sails from New Zealand in 2005.
- SEA SAFE 8 person life raft
- Life jackets
- Fire extinguishers
- LOFRANS FALCON 1200 watt windlass (2009)
- 70m chain
Dinghy and Outboard:
- MERCURY 15 hp