2007 Hunter 45 Center CockpitEnquire About This Yacht
Here is an extremely well equipped Hunter 45 Centre Cockpit. Imported to Australia in 2007 as a 240VAC yacht, 'COOMERA' came with many factory options, not least the powerful 15 Kva generator, marine air conditioning, bow thruster and much more..
This model has combined all the comforts of a center cockpit cruiser with an exciting and spacious European look, surprising performance and great value in a long-range package. The 45 Center Cockpit includes multiple ease of sailing features that have become Hunter trademarks, such as the backstayless B&R rig and cockpit traveler arch. 'COOMERA' has an electric winch for additional ease of sailing handling from the cockpit, a folding LEWMAR wheel and a pod for the chartplotter... a great cockpit, the custom made full enclosure with roll downs making it an extension to the interior.
COOMERA'S owners have maintained the yacht impeccably, standing rigging was replaced in 2016, safety equipment and navigation packages extensive.. You will note the extent of safety gear on the yacht and for the interior there are state of the art gas and smoke detector systems installed.
Overall, it is the condition, inventory and reliability of this yacht that stand out.
|Designer||Henderson/Hunter Design Team|
|Builder||Hunter Marine (USA)|
|Draft||1.95 m (Min), 1.52 m(Max)|
|Fuel Tanks||1 Plastic (287 Liters)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||3 Plastic (564 Liters)|
|Holding Tanks||2 Plastic (181 Liters)|
|Engine Model||4JH4 Turbo|
|Engine Power||75 HP|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Cruising Speed||7 kph @ 2600 RPM|
|Maximum Speed||8 kph|
|Propeller||3 blade propeller|
Enter the yacht down the companionway with large stainless hand holds to a beautiful interior. The owner's aft cabin has an island Queen bed, twin nightstands, a moveable dresser, a vanity table with mirror, two cedar-lined hanging lockers and a settee to port. The ensuite bathroom has a shower, high headroom, and a shower stall and dry head adjacent.
The passageway to the saloon is also generous in headroom, leading to a modern navigation station. The galley is large, has excellent fiddled Corian countertops and modern facilities. All upholstery on COOMERA is still in as new condition and the saloon feels spacious and inviting. Headroom throught is an easy 7'. The 16,000 BTU CRUISEAIR air conditioning unit is vented to the aft cabin and saloon. Fly screens & interior blinds on all hatches. All ports have flyscreens fitted.
Full forward the V-berth cabin has very surprising headroom yet again with the en suite offering the same as the aft cabin's.
The saloon and aft cabin have 360 degree CAFRAMO fans, all lighting is LED and for entertainment a large flatscreen TV/DVD is also interfaced with the chartplotter. A BOSE music system c/w fitted speakers.
The galley has some neat features, a draining and drying cupboard for dishes has its own fan. There are two fridge freezers, the 12VDC upright NOVACOOL and the top loading 12 VDC COOLMATIC. The convection microwave is built in at eye level. Deep double stainless steel sinks c/w mixer tap, hot water from a 28 litre cylinder. A three burner gas hob and oven c/w extractor hood.
Two, both are freshwater electric JABSCO Quiet Flush c/w holding tanks.
Two, one in each bathroom plus a transom shower.
Electrics & Batteries:
- The yacht's AC system is 240VAC, shore power inlet, distribution and cabin outlets. VICTRON 3000 watt inverter/charger (2018). VICTRON Energy Blue Power multi control management. The yacht's DC system is 12VDC.
- House bank is 5 x FULL RIVER 200 amp deep cycle AGM batteries (2016)
- Engine battery is a 200 amp AGM (2016)
- Genset battery is a 150 amp lead acid (2019)
- The yacht's charging is from four solar panels totaling 560 watts, an AIRMAXX wind generator, all fully regulated, 15Kva FISCHER PANDA iSeries 15000i generator c/w PANDA iControl LCD display and 80 amp API MARINE main engine alternator.
Two RULE 1500 gph bilge pumps.
Electronics & Navigation:
- RAYMARINE E 120 chartplotter Pod mounted at helm
- RAYMARINE E Series Full Function Remote Keyboard at nav station for additional use with bulkhead mounted flatscreen.
- Linear drive autopilot with RAYMARINE control (2016)
- RAYMARINE radar
- RAYMARINE sailing instruments, wind, log, speed, depth
- RAYMARINE GPS and hand held GPS
- AIS transponder
- ICOM - M402VHF radio
- UNIDEN MH5127 Handheld VHF radio
- Floating portable VHF radio
- IRIDIUM Extreme Satellite Phone c/w REDPORT Optimiser (to use with the Phone for emails & Web)
- Main engine is a YANMAR 4JH4 Turbo with 2160 hours. Recent maintenance 18/08/18 included general servicing, including heat exchanger and water pump. The owners aft cabin has a unique back sliding dresser that reveals more engine space and the shaft seal.
- The generator is a 15 Kva FISCHER PANDA iSeries 15000i 230 VAC- 50Hz. It has the Super Silent Insulation and the PANDA iControl LCD display which displays comprehensive charging and machine data. Original engine hours are just over 300 hrs.
- HORIZON SEAFARER H2O20 lph watermaker
Designed by the late Lars Bergstrom and Sven Ridder, the B&R rig eliminates the need for a backstay to allow for a more efficient mainsail shape. Fixed backstays are often omitted from the designs of today's performance-oriented boats to allow the mainsail to incorporate a full roach design — a more aerodynamic shape both for racing and cruising performance.
The B&R rig has 30-degree swept spreaders, creating 120 degrees between each rigging point. The result is a tripod arrangement, used for years to support huge radio towers, that has excellent strength for sailboat rigs.
While conventional rigs often lead their shrouds inboard to allow for the large genoa overlap, Hunter takes them far outboard to the hull. This wide chain plate base significantly reduces the compression loads to the deck and hull, while allowing for tighter sheeting angles. The smaller headsail sheets are inside the spreader base.
The latest advancement to the B&R rig is the addition of mast struts. These struts stabilize the lower section of the mast, allowing compression loads to be spread and reducing the point loading at the mast base. They create a strong point for the boom and spinnaker pole loadings. The struts also allow us to use a smaller mast section reducing weight aloft to decrease the heeling and pitching moments, making for a more comfortable ride. Additionally, they provide a secure handhold when going forward.
The B&R rig is also supported with the addition of reverse diagonal rigging. For example, the diagonals beginning at the top of the mast strut and ending at the tip of the spreader support and stabilize the lower section of the mast by creating a triangle with the upper shroud. This allows us to induce the mast's pre-bend prior to stepping the mast. Similar to a sailboard, the pre-bend is loaded within and does not deliver pre-bend compression loading to the hull and deck.
The B&R rig is designed to be pre-bent to further add rigidity to the mast section and eliminate the need for adjustable rigging (like backstay adjusters, babystays and runners). This design should prove more reliable than a rig with adjustable backstays or runners, as there is less chance for error.
The large main, small jib sailplan on these Hunters also eliminates the need for large overlapping headsails, since the driving power comes from the much improved shape and size of the mainsail. This allows for an easier tacking small jib, creating good performance and more comfortable sailing — and less work for the crew. It is far more aerodynamically efficient to reef the main than furl the headsail. Plus it provides better balance from the rig and more control for the rudder.
With the large main creating additional mainsheet and leech loading, Hunter has placed the mainsheet atop a cockpit arch on many models. The mainsheet loads are placed at the same location as the leech loading to reduce the bending loads on the boom. The mainsheet loading is also reduced, allowing for easier control of the mainsail. The arch also serves as a handhold while in the cockpit as well as an attachment point for a Bimini top.
- 2 x LEWMAR #48 sheet winches
- 2 x LEWMAR #40 cabin top winches c/w jammers. Stbd side electric
- LEWMAR deck organisers, tracks, blocks etc
- Plenty of stowage up top... there are two lazarettes at the stern and another big locker fully aft in the cockpit.
- Stainless steel pushpit, pulpit and extra height solid rail all around
- Stainless steel boarding ladder
- Rain catcher
- 8 x 20 litre jerry cans
- ZIGGY gas BBQ
- 4 x 4.5 litre gas bottles
- 5 fenders, 5 dock lines
- Inmast furling mainsail 44.82 m2
- Furling genoa 32.65 m2
- RTD 6 person life raft – serviced 2016
- 2 E.P.I.R.B's
- 3 BURKE inflatable life jackets
- Offshore flare kit
- Life ring
- First Aid kit
- 3 FLAMESTOP fire extinguishers
- 2 FLAMESTOP fire blankets
- SIMPSON LAWRENCE electric windlass c/w deck switches
- 2 anchors
- 100m of chain
- 60m nylon rode
Covers and Awnings:
Very complete cockpit awning arrangement. The stainless steel bimini structure has a durable bimini top and roll down clears for total enclosure. Two boom tents.
Dinghy and Outboard:
6 person HIGHFIELD RIB with tube covers. 15hp MERCURY.