Seahorse Mandarin 52Enquire About This Yacht
Here is a very well kept yacht which has been a cruising home here in SE Asia to a life long sailing couple. Their experience shows in the care and maintenance of the yacht plus some clever upgrades. They offer the yacht for sale at a very competitive price and your early inspections are highly recommended.
'MOXY' benefited from a new rig and standing rigging in 2011, a complete AWLGRIP repaint in 2012 and just this year the hull was taken back completely and re epoxied and then finished with COPPERCOAT anti fouling, all through hull fittings replaced with MARELON fittings, the generator has had a top end re build, all fuel tanks thoroughly cleaned and inspection hatches installed and much more.... House batteries are Lithium Ferric Oxide, there are numerous methods to charge, wind gen, solar panels etc... Refrigeration onboard is excellent, a very self sufficient yacht.
|Length||52 ft 0 in|
|Beam||15 ft 0 in|
|LWL||49 ft 0 in|
|Draft||5 ft 6 in (Min), 5 ft 6 in (Max)|
|Bridge Clearance||60 ft 0 in|
|Headroom||6 ft 3 in|
|Fuel Tanks||3 Fiberglass (2000 Liters)|
|Water Tanks||2 Fiberglass (800 Liters)|
|Holding Tanks||1 Fiberglass (40 Liters)|
|Engine||ISUZU 6BD1 150 HP|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Cruising Speed||6 knots @ 1200 RPM|
|Maximum Speed||9 knots|
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Number of bathrooms: 2
Full forward the v-berth cabin is not presently set out with mattresses and the infill to create a large berth is stored, instead it has an MR040-U1 ENGEL portable freezer, 12 VDC or 220VAC (2013) fixed to the starboard side. The built in PHILCO washing machine is just outside this forward cabin.
Coming back, the two bunk cabin to port has its bathroom opposite which also serves as a day head and has another door from the saloon. The lower bunk has been adapted to increase its size when needed. The upper bunk may also be swung down to a vertical position to form a settee here.
The main saloon is very inviting, a good dining table to port with L shape seating plus another comfy settee on the starboard side. The living space here feels so roomy with the adjacent galley and pilothouse adjacent. The linear galley is a superb set up and leads to the master suite aft. A walk around double with en suite bathroom including a bath tub.
The condition of the interior as a whole is very good and this design with its pilothouse and even the covered cockpit gives a huge amount of living space for a 52 footer. Headroom is a massive 8' max and 7' min.
- Single electric hotplate and 3 burner gas hob and oven
- Double s/s sink
- NATIONAL NN8550 1580 watt microwave
- 150 litre 220VAC SAMSUNG fridge / freezer in galley
- 40 litre 220VAC NATIONAL fridge / freezer in pilot house
- ENGEL 12VDC / 220VAC portable fixed in fore cabin
- Five cubic foot, water cooled, 220VAC built in chest freezer in aft cabin
Hot water for the yacht from a 50 litre heater.... shore power, genset or engine heat exchanger.
Two, a composting toilet in the forward guest cabin / day head and the owners electric head in aft cabin. The aft head has a holding tank.
Three, hot and cold water. Two inside plus an outside shower, also with hot water.
- The main engine is a 150hp ISUZU 6BD1, HURTH HSW 630A gearbox, PSS shaft seal
- Genset is a NORTHERN LIGHTS 5Kva ( the top end re build also included new valves and a stainless steel exhaust elbow)
- VETUS bow thruster
- A 30lph SPECTRA 380C watermaker
Electrics & Batteries:
- The yacht's AC system is 240 Volt, shore power inlet and cabin outlets. VICTRON 3000 watt inverter/charger. VICTRON Energy Blue Power colour control. The yacht's DC system is 12VDC.
- House bank is 3 x Lithium batteries (2012)
- Engine battery is a 150 amp lead acid (2019)
- Genset battery is a 150 amp lead acid (2019)
- The yacht's charging is from four solar panels totaling 320 watts, VICTRON regulated, a D400 wind generator, VICTRON regulated, 5Kva NORTHERN LIGHTS genset and 150 amp BALMAR main engine alternator.
Two RULE 1500 gph bilge pumps.
Electronics & Navigation:
- OCTOPUS hydraulic autopilot (linear drive)
- RAYMARINE wind instrument
- RAYMARINE GPS
- RAYMARINE radar
- 15'' RAYMARINE chartplotter in pilothouse
- LENOVO laptop c/w chart software
- RAYMARINE chartplotter in cockpit
- ICOM vhf radio
- ICOM HF radio
- AIS Class B transponder
- ECHOPILOT forward looking sonar
- IRIDIUM satphone
The mast was new from Precision Shipwrights in Phuket in 2011, all new standing rigging and chainplates, including stemhead. The FORESPAR LEISURE FURL in boom mainsail furling has a new electric winch and is very easy to operate.
Headsails are both furling, PROFURL C420 on head sail, PROFURL C350 on staysail.
Halyard muffler system. Rigid boom vang.
- 2 x LEWMAR #50 st winches
- 2 x LEWMAR #44 st winches
- 1 x LEWMAR #30 st winch
- 1 x LEWMAR #30 non st winch
- One new LEWMAR # 45 st electric winch for furling mainsail
- Granny bars
- Pushpit / Pulpit and solid stainless steel guardrail
- MAGMA gas BBQ (2019)
- Stainless steel davits
- Swim ladder at transom, gate and rail
- 1 x MAGMA Flopper Stopper and poles
- PAR 6 salt water deck wash (2019)
- Deck prisms
- QUANTUM mainsail, fully battened (2011)
- QUANTUM headsail (2011)
- QUANTUM staysail (2011)
- VIKING 6 person life raft
- 1 DANBUOY
- 2 Life Rings
- ACR EPIRB
- 6 fire extinguishers
- Emergency Grab Bag
- MAXWELL 3000 watt windlass c/w remote
- 35 kg SUPER SARCA
- 40 kg Stainless steel CQR
- 25 kg FORTRESS
- 100m of 3/8 chain
- 300m of 1'' nylon anchor rode
Dinghy and Outboard:
Brand new HIGHFIELD 2.90m alloy bottom RIB c/w tube covers and brand new TOHATSU 9.8hp plus a TOHATSU 3.5hp.
The yacht is loaded with spares and equipment including dive tanks and gear, a new KARCHER wet and dry vacuum, and a KARCHER pressure washer.
A 750 litre fuel bladder may be carried on deck to extend your range to 2800nm.