1986 Contest 41'Enquire About This Yacht
The range of Contest yachts has been large, many models have been built and this ketch was one of only six produced. A strong and seaworthy type, well built and attractive interior. Re powered in 2012 with a new 54hp Yanmar, new teak decks in 2008 and well equipped for offshore sailing, the yacht will appeal to anyone seeking a sound ketch for their cruising adventures.
|Displacement||12349 kgs Dry Load|
|Length||LOA: 12.50 m|
|Draft||1.90 m (Min), 1.90 m (Max)|
|Fuel Tanks||2 Stainless steel (500 Liters)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||2 Fiberglass (600 Liters)|
|Engine||Yanmar 4JH5E 54 HP|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Cruising Speed||6 knots @ 1800 RPM|
|Maximum Speed||8 knots|
|Propeller||3 blade propeller|
A classic teak interior, the yacht features an owner's cabin aft with its own en suite, large double up front with a bathroom adjacent. The interior condition is very good for the age of the yacht. Lighting and ventilation is good, a mixture of LED and incandescent lighting. There is a WEBASTO heating system, replaced in 2013.
Lockers and wardrobes are abundant in this yacht, the passageway to the aft cabin has a full height wardrobe that has been set aside for more general storage just behind the nav station.
- Two burner gas stove and oven
- Double stainless sink, no hot water
- Top loading fridge (new compressor and plate in 2015)
- SPECTRA 25lph watermaker (condition unknown)
Two, one in each bathroom. The old hot water heater has been removed.
Two manual JABSCO.
Electrics & Batteries:
- The yacht's AC system is 240 Volt, shore power inlet and cabin outlets. VICTRON MultiPlus Compact 1200 watt inverter/charger (2014) and MARXON 1000 watt inverter. VICTRON Energy Blue Power colour control. The yacht's DC system is 12VDC.
- House bank is 4 x TROJAN batteries (2014)
- Engine battery is a 150 amp lead acid (2015)
- The yacht's charging is from two solar panels (2015) totaling 140 watts, AIR BREEZE wind generator and main engine alternator.
Two RULE 1500 gph bilge pumps.
Electronics & Navigation:
- RAYMARINE C120 c/w charts for whole world
- RAYMARINE radar
- RAYMARINE sailing instruments
- AUTOHELM 7000 autopilot (linear drive)
- RAYMARINE 55E VHF radio
- ICOM 718 HF radio (2008)
- PACTOR PTC-IIpro modem (2008)
- NAUTICAST AIS (2013)
Original SELDEN ketch rig. Standing rigging was reportedly checked in 2014 and again in 2016.
- Slab reefed mainsail c/w lazy jacks and stackpack (2012)
- Genoa on FURLEX gear (2014)
- Mizzen (2010)
- Staysial (2015)
- Storm sail
- MAXWELL 1200 watt windlass (2012)
- 33 kg ROCNA
- 27 kg CQR
- 15 kg DANFORTH
- 90m of 10mm chain
- Bow thruster
- Marine head
- Manual bilge pump
- Electric bilge pump
- Battery charger
Dinghy and Outboard:
AB alloy RIB c/w tube covers (2015), 12 litre tank and anchor. 9.8hp TOHATSU (2013).