1997 Fairwind 46'Enquire About This Yacht
This is an extremely rugged globe trotter. Recently returned from Japan, the yacht is a proven long range yacht. Self built to stock plans, with some sensible changes, she comes with a vast inventory of spares and equipment, compressor and air tools, a dozen or so electric hand tools, engine spares and much more..
Significant upgrades have been four new aluminium fuel tanks and fuel delivery, all new ARCUS standing rigging in 2017 and more...
Crewed by husband and wife, she is absolutely stacked with kit...this is the type of boat that with little preparation is ready to go, bring along your personal bits and pieces and GO.
A huge inventory has already been compiled for review upon request.
Last haulout and survey July 2017. (anti foul and anodes)
|Engine||Perkins 6356 100hp @ 200rpm.Paragon P43 L.. 2 to 1 reduction gear box.|
|Engine hours||approx 5000|
|Drive||PSS shaft seal on a 2 inch SS shaft|
|Fuel||1000 litres (4 steel)|
|Water||1000 litres (4 alloy)|
|Autopilot||TMQ AP4 hydraulic|
|Speed under power||7 kts|
|Propeller||3 blade fixed|
Full forward the yacht stores many tools and equipment in the forepeak. Moving aft, the forward cabin has one bunk to port and two to starboard. Much kit is presently stored in the port side bunk.
The saloon is nicely set out, with excellent headroom and hand holds, the galley extends into saloon with the fridge/freezer arrangement and also has excellent headroom. All furniture is bolted so may be removed fast and easily if necessary. Moving aft through the port passageway the navigation centre is adjacent to the neat bathroom on the centre line.
The aft cabin is a good size and again offers excellent headroom.
The interior is very inviting, has a diesel cabin heater, domestic aircon split unit and is a true home afloat.
- RODEN Clipper two burner gas stove and oven
- Large double s/s sink with hot and cold water
- SUREFLO watermaker 10 lph
The galley has many cupboards and drawers. The 220 volt eutectic fridge 50 litres / freezer 80 litres is just outside the galley, forming part of the main saloon.Showers:
One in bathroom. The bathroom has a neat fold down sink arrangement. The electric head has a full size bowl and bidet.
One, electric c/w holding tank/ pump out and deck fittings
Electrics & Batteries:
The yacht is essentially 12VDC alone, no 220VAC inlet and distribution. 220VAC comes into the yacht and direct to power boards for plug outlets.
Battery charging by three petrol generators sited on aft deck, AirX wind generator, 300watt solar panels with solar controller and 80amp main engine alternator.
- 5 x 12volt gel type (400 Ah)
- 1500 gph RULE bilge pump.
Electronics & Navigation:
- TMQ AP4 autopilot
- 2 x GARMIN 128 fixed GPS units
- RAYMARINE depth sounder
- Laptop loaded with charting software
- ICOM VHF radio
- Hand held VHF radio
- Class B AIS transponder
- AIS passive receiver...connect to Nav system
- KENWOOD TS480 HF radio..(Ham / Marine )
- PACTOR modem
- JVC 16nm radar
Aluminium masthead cutter, deck stepped with externally furling main. All standing rigging, 316 s/s 1x19, has just recently been replaced in 2017.
- Solid stainless guardrails all around, incorporating pushpit and pulpit
- Solid stainless guardrails on coachroof
- Dinghy davits
- Stainless stern arch for solar panel, outboard hoist and antennas
- Port side ladder for dinghy boarding, starboard ladder into water with swim platform
- Transom mounted stainless boarding ladder
- 20 Jerry cans (diesel and petrol)
- 3 x fender boards
- 4xBall fenders and 4 x 15m mooring lines ( new 2017 )
- Externally furling mainsail
- Furling headsail ( spare foils onboard)
- MPS with sock
Poles and guys for poling out head sail.
- Four person life raft (serviced 2017)
- 6 adult life jackets
- 2 children life jackets
- 6 harnesses
- Life sling
- Flarepack (ood)
- 3 x fire extinguishers
- Fire blanket
- HENDERSON Mk 5 manual bilge pump
- QUICK Argo electric windlass 1500 lb pull. Manual back up
- 2 x 60lb CQR
- 1 x 60lb Kedge anchor
- 70m of 13mm chain
- 50+ m of 16mm double braid as back up
Dinghy and Outboard:
2.8m FORCE 4 RIB. YAMAHA 3hp. EVINRUDE 6hp