Tayana 58 CustomEnquire About This Yacht
Originally commissioned as a true luxury custom, this yacht was built with additional hull and deck modifications exceeding Lloyds specifications and fitted out with the best that money could buy by the Tayana builders 'Ta Yang' in Taiwan. The American owner brought in the best US tinned wire, selected Burmese teak, Spectra/Kevlar running rigging, Reckmann hydraulic headsail furlers, highest quality Man Ship hatches, all US plumbing accessories and much more.
She stands today as an exceedingly capable blue water yacht, this year's extensive refit including a new 160 hp turbo engine and gearbox, new PSS dripless shaft seal, new feathering MaxProp with spurs, all new bronze sea cocks, new generator, new electronics package, new 16mm teak decks. Moreover, the keel stepped mast was un stepped and completely overhauled. The custom tapered mast was repainted with International paint, the boom having all rivets removed and replaced with welds, all stainless fittings replaced. The rig was re stepped complete with all new Navtec rod rigging and a brand new suite of highest quality Dacron sails.
To hint at luxury items, consider gold plated light fittings, Sugatsune gold push latches throughout, black granite countertops, black granite soles in heads & showers, black porcelain sinks, etched glass shower doors, cedar lined hanging lockers with automatic closet lights, Burl wood dining table, with ebony inlays, and a backlit Tiffany stained glass copy in the saloon....
Already seatrialed by YBC, the yacht sails readily in light airs and the engine delivers smooth and sure power. The in boom furler is fast and absolutely reliable as also are the two Reckmann headsail furlers. For berthing the 13hp bowthruster is a real bonus.
|Engine||Yanmar 160 hp turbo|
|Keel||Encapsulated long fin|
|Ballast||17,600 lbs lead|
|Autopilot||Raymarine linear drive|
|Bow Thruster||Max Power|
|Fuel||211 gal (1 s/s tank)|
|Water||159 gal (3 s/s tanks)|
|Speed under power||8 kts|
This Tayana 58 is a three stateroom, two head cruiser with a beautiful solid teak interior. Full forward is the guest stateroom with an island queen with fitted mattress. There are two lockers with louvered doors on either side of the bed and bookshelves as well. The stateroom is fully air-conditioned and there is an overhead hatch.
The second guest stateroom is to port, opposite the forward head. This stateroom features two bunks, mattresses are handcrafted latex mattresses. There are two lockers for storage and a bookshelf.
The master stateroom is aft and runs the full width of the boat. It features include an island queen bed with custom 9.5 inch sprung mattress, two hanging lockers and a small desk. The joinery work throughout the boat is incredible. As with the rest of the boat, this cabin is fully air-conditioned. The engine room, and the Splendede washer/dryer, are accessible through the en suite head in this stateroom. paragraph2
The galley features black granite counter tops and custom black porcelain sink, has two deck prisms for added light, and is equipped with all conveniences a cook could desire, Force 10 3-burner stove with glass oven door and thermostat; custom chopping block cover over stove, Glacier Bay 24 volt refrigerator and freezer (2007), with top and front opening doors.
- Built-in microwave
- U-Line ice maker
- Food processor, toaster, juicer, and coffee/espresso maker
- Trash compactor
- Glacier Bay's vacuum panel insulation system
Hot and cold pressurised water c/w a 5 gallon accumulator tank. The watermaker produces 60 gallons per hour.
40 gallon stainless steel grey water tank (not in use presently )
Three. Two hot and cold below and one hot and cold in cockpit.
Two Black Vacuflush heads. 40 gallon s/s holding tank.
Tankwatch-4 monitor system for holding tank
- New factory 160 hp YANMAR TURBO engine
- WALKER Airsep system
- RACOR 500 fuel filters
- PAR engine room blowers
- New factory NORTHERN LIGHTS 10KVA
- 13 hp electric bow thruster
- 60 gph watermaker
- Three brand new OCEAN BREEZE air conditioning units, totaling 48,000 BTU, serving the whole interior
The engine room is large and has access from either the galley or walk in from the aft cabin bathroom. It has full headroom at the workbench, good selection of tools / power tools and spares. All new sound insulation has been installed in 2015.
Electrics & Batteries:
The yacht's AC system is 220 Volt, shore power inlet and cabin outlets. Custom service panel, back lit white when circuits off & red when on, digital amp and volt meters (12V, 24V, 220V-AC). 20 amp converter (24v to 12V). WEMA fuel & water gauges. 1000 watt inverter (240V-50Hz). MASTERVOLT 60 Amp Charger (new).
The yacht's DC system is 12 and 24VDC.
- House bank AGM’s (new 8 x 200Amp 12V batteries, 800 amps @ 24V)
- Separate engine and generator start batteries with parallel switch
DC charging from 2 x 120watt SIEMENS solar panels c/w MASTERVOLT solar panel regulator (new) and main engine alternator.
Two 2500 gph bilge pumps; one mounted forward of watertight engine room bulkhead, the other in the engine room
Electronics & Navigation:
- RAYMARINE autopilot with hydraulic pumps
- RAYMARINE 16'' Multifunctional Display (2 units, one in cockpit and one at nav. station (new)
- FURUNO 12KW radar with 6' open array antenna; 12" CRT at nav station with a 10" CRT repeater in the cockpit
- B&G Hydra analog wind & depth instruments, full function digital display at the nav station, NEMA full function digital display at the helm (new)
- Forward looking sonar (new)
- Built-in 19' LCD PC monitor used for navigation programs, TV & DVD viewing
- CANON scanner and a color printer
- Kenwood AM/FM receiver and a 10 disc CD player
- BOSE speakers in cockpit.
Keel stepped triple spreader custom tapered FORESPAR mast with LEISUREFURL in-boom furling system. All re painted with 'International' paint. All new NAVTEC rod rigging c/w NAVTEC System 50 hydraulic boom vang & backstay adjuster (pump at helm). Dutchman boom brake. FORESPAR carbon fibre reaching pole mounted on track on mast. Masthead tricolour, antenna and deck floods.
- 2 x LEWMAR #66, two-speed,self tailing electric winches
- 2 x LEWMAR #54, self tailing electric winches
- 1 x LEWMAR #48 self tailing electric winch
- 2 x LEWMAR #44 self tailing electric winches
- 2 x LEWMAR #40, self tailing winches
- Custom stainless steel teak grated passerelle
- Pushpit boarding gate
- Stainless steel swim ladder
- Stainless steel stern arch
- Force 10 propane BBQ
- MAN SHIP tear drop Dorade vents c/w s/s grabs
- Granny bars
- 26 stainless steel opening ports with screens
- 6 stainless steel MAN SHIP deck hatches
- 8 large deck cleats
- Deck washdown (fresh or salt water)
- Teak RIB chocks at fore deck
- 3 aluminium dive tanks
- 1 x fully battened LYTTELTON SAILS 'Marblehead' Dacron mainsail
- 1 x LYTTELTON SAILS 'Marblehead' Dacron staysail on RECKMANN furler
- 1 x LYTTELTON SAILS 'Marblehead' Dacron genoa on RECKMANN furler
- 1 x NORTH Norlon 1.5 oz True Radial EX Genneker c/w snuffer, has 18' by 18' graphic inlay of Aztec Sun (Excellent condition)
Marblehead' is the premium blue water cruising Dacron sailcloth. They are the most tightly woven fabrics in the world which means the fabric relies on the weave rather than resin for bias durability. In the real world this means your sail won't stretch as fast and will keeps its shape for longer.
- Life jackets
- Life sling
- Offshore flarepack
- FIRE BOY Halon system in engine room
- Emergency Tiller
- Manual bilge pump
- Maxwell 3500 watt windlass with handheld remote in sail locker and remote at helm
- 300' galv. chain
- Fortress FX125 storm anchor
- Anchor washdown (fresh or salt water)
Covers and Awnings:
New bimini on stainless steel frame. Brand new Sun awning at aft deck.
Dinghy and Outboards:
Dinghy 3.10m AB RIB (2016), Suzuki 9.9hp (2016)