1968 Islander 44'Enquire About This Yacht
This Bill Lapworth designed cruiser / racer is a testament to early GRP yachts. Narrow beam and long overhangs, 'Temptation' is a fast and safe passage maker, a joy to sail. She has only had four owners, now offered for sale in excellent condition, new standing rigging in 2016 and new chainplates in 2013, topsides painted in 2013, excellent fridge/freezer system, Raymarine ES series touchscreen chartplotter in cockpit and much more. This yacht is nicely equipped and her condition is impressive. Your early inspection is highly recommended.
|Displacement||10206 kgs Dry Load|
|Draft||1.78 m (Min), 1.78 m (Max)|
|Drive Type||V Drive|
|Number of single berths||1|
|Number of double berths||1|
|Number of cabins||1|
|Number of heads||1|
|Number of bathrooms||1|
Full forward the double cabin has three opening ports, two fans, plus the overhead hatch. The berth is large and does not feel cramped or confined. The bathroom is just aft, accessed by doors both sides and is similarly generous. The saloon has a good sized table, U-shape settee to port and two comfortable built in seats opposite. The opening ports are high quality from Port Townsend foundry. The galley is to port and has a huge top loading fridge/freezer, two systems, an engine driven compressor and a 12 volt air cooled system. The nav. station opposite has a small quarter berth behind.
All lighting is LED and the interior has no less than six speakers and a Bluetooth stereo system.
Two burner FORCE 10 gas stove and oven. Double stainless steel sink, SHUREFLOW pressurised cold water. SEAFROST 134A engine driven compressor for top loading fridge/freezer plus a SEAFROST 12 volt system in adjacent top loading fridge.
Two. One in bathroom and one retractable shower in cockpit.
Heavy duty, reliable LAVAC manual diaphragm pump c/w rebuild kit (2013). No holding tank
Electrics & Batteries:
House bank is 4 x 105 amp deep cycle TROJAN 105 batteries. 1 x D8 start battery with 70 watt solar cell with MORNINGSTAR controller. DC charging from three 135 watt solar cells c/w MPPT 100/30 controller with blue tooth and 50 amp engine alternator.
2 electric bilge pumps 1 with auto control.
Electronics & Navigation:
- RAYMARINE linear drive autopilot
- RAYMARINE ES series touchscreen chartplotter in cockpit with autopilot control at wheel
- GARMIN chartplotter at nav station
- STANDARD HORIZON Matrix AIS/GPS GX200 with RAM mic in cockpit
- 2 x STANDARD HORIZON HX8 transceivers with GPS
- KENWOOD ham radio with antenna tuner
- MATSUTEC AIS transceiver
- PERKINS 4-108
- BORG WARNER Velvet drive
- VDrive WALTER R10
Low aspect keel stepped aluminium masthead sloop rig. Full height mast steps. Spreader lights. Spinnaker pole stowed vertically on track. Plenty of good running rigging.
- BARIENT and MERIMAR winches
- Stainless steel boarding ladder
- Stainless steel stern arch (solar panels)
- Outboard hoist
- FORCE 10 BBQ on pushpit with separate tank
- 5 gallon propane tank mounted on pushpit
- Wash down pump
- 100% furling genoa (2016)
- 125% furling genoa (2016)
- Slab reefed mainsail
- 1Manual release EPIRB
- 1 inflatable life vest with harness
- Numerous standard life vests
- 2 safety harnesses with tethers
- 3 fire extinguishers
- Extensive First Aid kit
- FIREBOY XINTEX S-2A propane/CNG fume detector with solenoid valve control
- MUIR 1200 horizontal windlass
- 25kg ROCNA with 70m 3/8 chain
- 45lb CQR with 15m 3/8 chain with 50m ¾ inch rope
- 50lb fisherman anchor
Dinghy and Outboard:
CHOLAMARK 3m RIB (2014) with 15hp Yamaha 2 sets of oars